Sunday 12 June 2011

1st Post - Street Art

Toronto truly is one of the greatest cities in the world. Even if it doesn't get the credit it deserves(mostly from the its own residents at that). We have an amazing arts community, world class restaurants, fantastic nightlife and lots of really cool people. Its a perfect backdrop to capture images of some of my favorite things. Fashion, Art and Cars. This blog will likely be a work in progress, so please be patient as I make a few mistakes along the way. Think of this as a perpetual work in progress. Hope you enjoy, cheers!

Street Art
A few weeks ago my buddy Mike and I were on our way to meet some friends at the bar when we noticed this cool little installation that someone did on a park wall. I didn't have my camera with me so snapped a pic with my iPhone and we went on our way. I came back 2 days later to with my camera take some better shots but it was too late... It had already been removed. Too bad, it was a really great idea. It fit that setting perfectly, and now I'm stuck wondering was the artist trying to say? Was it some kind of highbrow social commentary on the Nanny State in the city; "By putting those metal brackets on the wall I can't grind, therefore you've taken away my soul"? Hmm, doubt it. The artist probably just thought it would be funny. And to me that's what makes it so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment