Sunday 12 June 2011

Busted?

I have a few friends that work in advertising but I don't think any of them would be offended by someone tagging their ad like this. In fact, it makes me wonder if was the kind reaction they would like to provoke. Let's face it, even though this isn't a good ad on its own. It got someones attention and that person got so pissed off that they decided to take action against its message. But by doing so, they may have inadvertently drawn more attention to it. In my opinion, what they really should have done is cross out the bags of Skittles too. But because they didn't the product still registers in the viewers subconscious mind and stays there. So while you're looking at this picture ask yourself, am I offended by the fact that a candy company wants associate themselves with freeing someone from oppression(even though "Tree Boy" is just a character from a TV ad). Or am I feeling hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment